The new modular DC UPS system UPSI uses maintenance-free supercaps (ultra- or supercapacitors) as energy storage and protects DC consumers from voltage fluctuations, flicker, brownouts or failure of the supply voltage.
In contrast to conventional batteries, supercaps are charged very fast, operate in the extended temperature range and convince with a high current-carrying capacity, power density and reliability. Due to the high cycle stability (> 500,000 charge and discharge cycles), energy storage devices with supercaps have a particularly long service life. This means an increased long-term availability of the supplied application, while minimizing the maintenance effort.
With the UPSI system, Bicker Elektronik offers a modular and integrated solution with safe and durable battery technologies and designs. In addition to the maintenance-free supercap energy storage systems described here, LiFePO4 battery packs with high energy density are also available. Combined with the sophisticated features of the intelligent DC UPS control unit and custom-made software, it creates a complete system with added value for demanding customers and applications.
- DC UPS (open-frame) for 12V / 24V
- Maintenance-free supercaps as energy storage
- High cycle stability >500,000
- Intelligent PowerSharing (loader / load)
- Regulated output voltage
- Shutdown by external signal
- Reboot and timer function
- Minimum load detection & battery disconnect
- Charge level indicator
- Battery start function & hot swap
- Extended temperature range -20...+70°C
- Interfaces USB, RS232, I2C
- Suitable for 24/7 continuous operation
- Long-term availability at least 5 years
- 3 years warranty
In the field of uninterruptible DC power supply, the UPSI modular UPS system can be used in a variety of applications for a wide range of industries.Customized solutions and adjustments for your individual application are possible on request.
What can we do for you?